Tuesday 3 February 2009

Colleague and associate passes away

While driving the long trip from home to Växjö today I got the sad sad news that Rolf Mirlas had passed away on Monday. Rolf was the Director responsible for the Competence Fund in Stockholm City Council between 2003 and 2006. He was a real people man who geniunly cared for his staff as well as his work. He took great pride in stimulating improvemnet in services. I know many people who will miss him and I am one of them.
During my drive to Växjö I spent 4 hours on the phone talking to a spectrum of customers and colleagues about devlopments in our international communication efforts. It was confirmed that we will assist in the preparation of Head Teachers for the 3 city conference(Stockholm, Leeds, Helsinki)in March. Furthermore we are proceding with two city to city linking processes with Sweden and the UK which we hope to confirm by May.

No comments: