Saturday 14 March 2009

Manager of the year 2009



On Friday I had an very exciting day because I was in Botkyrka at Botkyrka Council working with some members of the management team. I got a very pleasant surprise at 09.00 when I was invited to a celebration speech for and by the Chief Executive, Palle Lundberg who on Wednesday was awarded the exclusive and prestigious prize of Sweden's Manager of the Year 2009. On talking to Palle he told me he was so surprised and stunned by the announcement that he had won the award and humble as he is he said that this was recognition of the work done by all his staff in Botkyrka Council. I have said often that leadership is the key to development as we endeavour to get the best our of human resources. It is obvious that Palles clear and highly strategic approach to management and effective and high focus on results have been the main contributors to this recognition. I see many examples of lack of good leadership in my travels around this country but I can truly say there is no lack in Botkyrka at executive level. I have known and worked with Palle for seven years and on every meeting we have had I am impressed by his ability to focus on outcomes. What a fantastic example of good management Palle is. What a wonderful boost this is also for the public sector to be a recipient of this award.
At ICG we are so very proud to be working with Palle and his team.

No comments: